Better Than Coffee is a registered brand of S.B.F LLC a food company based in Redondo Beach, CA, USA. The Sites are operated by S.B.F. LLC.
SECTION 1 – INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As you use our services, we collect certain information about you and the services you use. The information we collect falls into three different categories: (1) information you give us; (2) information we collect from you automatically when you use our services; and (3) information we collect from other sources.
Our general policy is to use your data only to better service you, we will not sell your data to anyone. We may have to share your details with third-party services to service you in the best way. Please read all details below.
Information You Give Us
- When you subscribe to our newsletters you give us you e-mail and sometimes other details like you name or your phone number. With your permission, we may contact you about our store, new products and other updates.
- When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your first or last name, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, financial account information such as a credit card number, birthday, city of birth, demographics information, and any other information you choose to give us. With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we may collect information about the services you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Purchasing Information– We may collect information about the products you buy, including where you buy products and how frequently you buy products.
- Device and Website Use Information– When you install
our mobile application or use a computer, tablet, smart phone or other device to access our websites or purchase products or services via our online properties, we may collect information about the device and how you use it.
- Location Information– When you use a smart phone or other mobile device to access our services, use a computer to access our website or use our mobile application, we may collect information about your physical location.
We may combine this information with other location-based information, such as your IP address and billing or postal code, to give you information about stores near you and to provide you with other services on your mobile device. We share your location information only with companies that help us provide you with services and help us understand how the services are being used.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We also collect information that is publicly available. For example, we may collect information you submit to a blog, a forum, or a social network like Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
Our Sites are intended for users from the United States and is governed by privacy policies of California, United States. Do not send us information unless you consent to the application of California U.S. law.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no. In all cases you will have the opportunity to op-out at anytime.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us using the contact form on BetterThanCoffee.com. Or in the case of our newsletters, you have an unsubscribe link at the end of each e-mail we are sending out.
SECTION 3 – AGE OF CONSENT
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age.
Age of consent
Moreover our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least the age of majority in California, 21 years old. By using this site, you represent that you are at least 21 years old or that you are at least 21 years old and that you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
SECTION 4 – HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions, to process your purchases of products and services;
- To send periodic emails on special offers, coupons, and new items added to our website
- The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- To communicate with you about orders, purchases, services, accounts, programs, and contests;
- To respond to your customer service inquiries and requests for information;
- To post your comments or statements on our websites;
- To send you personalized promotions and special offers;
- To inform you about our brands, products, events, or other promotional purposes;
- To maintain and improve our sites and the products and services we offer;
- To detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud; and
- To maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
How We Share the Information We Collect
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- We may disclose your information if we believe that the disclosure is required by law, if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, or if we believe that the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of S.B.F LLC or our customers or partners.
- If our company is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
- We may share your information with service providers that provide us with support services, such as credit card processing, website hosting, email delivery, location mapping, postal mail processing and delivery, and analytics services. We require the companies to refrain from collecting, using and disclosing your information except when they are performing work for us or when the disclosure of your information is required by law.
- We may share anonymous, aggregated statistics about your use of our websites and services with other companies.
- We may share information about you with other companies if you give us permission or direct us to share the information.
- We may share your information in a way that does not directly identify you. For example, we may combine information about you with information about other people and share the combined information in a way that does not link your information to you.
- If you post information on a blog or another part of our websites, the information that you post may be seen by other visitors to our websites, including your post information and your user name.
SECTION 5 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
- However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
- For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
- As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
SECTION 6 – LINKS
When you click on links and/or ad banners on our Sites, they may direct you away from our Sites and take you to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy policies and user terms and conditions whenever interacting with, and prior to providing any personal information to, any other website. Should you decide to interact with any other websites, you do so at your own risk.
SECTION 7 – GOOGLE ANALYTICS
The Sites use Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at. We will not use data that could personally identify you. Data we collect with Google Analytics may include demographics, gender, age, browsers and networks being used to access the Sites, mobile devices being used to access the Sites.
We will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product.
If you want to op-out please visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on page for more details.
SECTION 8 – COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
We and others may use a variety of technologies to collect information about your device and use of our services. These technologies include cookies and web beacons:
- Cookies– Cookies are small data files that are sent from a website’s server and are stored on your device’s hard drive either for only the duration of your visit (“session cookies”) or for a fixed period of time (“persistent cookies”). Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to give you the choice to accept a cookie or reject cookies altogether. For more information about changing your browser settings, please see the section 9 of this Policy titled “INFORMATION COLLECTION CHOICES”
- Website Functionality– Some cookies (considered “strictly necessary”) are required to allow you to access and use our websites. Without these cookies, our websites do not work properly.
- Performance Monitoring– Some cookies (considered “performance” cookies) help us analyze and estimate traffic on our website. They show us how visitors interact with our website, whether there are any errors, which pages are not used often, which pages take a long time to load, which pages users tend to visit and in what order. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how our website works and understand user interests.
- User Convenience– Some cookies (considered “functionality” cookies) remember information to save you the trouble of entering information every time you visit or use a particular website. For example, a cookie may remember your username to save you time when you log in to your account.
- Marketing– Some cookies (considered “targeting or advertising” cookies) are used to tailor your experience on our website by controlling the promotions, advertisements and other marketing messages that may appear when you visit or use our website and help us learn which services you are using and how you are accessing information about us. We may use this information to personalize your visit to a website or to send you relevant promotions.
- Web Beacons– Web beacons are small, transparent images that are embedded in web pages, applications, and emails that are sometimes called “clear gifs,” “single pixel gifs”, “page tags” or “web bugs.” We may use web beacons to track the web pages you visit, to test the effectiveness of our marketing, and to find out if an email has been opened and acted on.
SECTION 9 – INFORMATION COLLECTION CHOICES
You can also make choices about the information we collect about you:
- Location Information– When you use a smart phone or other mobile device to access our websites, we may collect information about your physical location only if (a) “location services” for the mobile application is enabled; or (b) the permissions in the mobile device allow communication of this information. If you do not want us to collect your location information, you can opt out of sharing this information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device.
- Cookies– If you want to reject cookies, you must take action to select the appropriate settings in your browser. Each browser’s cookie control is a little different, but the most common browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari) have a preference or option you can select so the browser notifies you if a site wants to set a cookie and typically provides an option to accept or reject the cookie before the cookie is set. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, it will affect many features or services on our websites. If you want to learn the correct way to modify your cookie settings, please use the Help menu in your browser.
- Flash Cookies– We may allow Adobe to set and enable special cookies that are necessary to deliver video content for Adobe Flash Player. You cannot remove Flash cookies simply by changing your browser settings. If you would like to limit the websites that can store information in Flash cookies on your device, you must visit the Adobe website.
SECTION 10 – HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway provider database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
When you transmit highly sensitive information (such as a credit card number) through our website or in one of our mobile applications, we encrypt the transmission of that information using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. While we have employed security technologies and procedures to assist safeguarding your personal information, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
SECTION 11 – HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their account and clicking the appropriate edit settings link on their account page.
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
SECTION 13 – CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION OR DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT
If you want to change your information, cancel your account, or stop us from using your information, please contact us contact@BetterThanCoffee.com. We will make every effort to promptly respond to your request. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you ask us to delete your account, we generally retain and use your account information only as long as necessary to fulfill a business or law enforcement need.